The SMH Foundation was created with the purpose to support Slidell Memorial Hospital and their efforts to improve the quality of life in our community. All of our efforts are focused to live out this mission.
The SMH Foundation is a non-governmental public charity that works to provide financing for Slidell Memorial Hospital’s education and community outreach programs, including the Parenting Center, the Employee Benevolent Fund and cutting-edge equipment at the hospital.
Our Foundation assesses needs for equipment and innovative programs at SMH that will improve the quality of life in the community. The Foundation funds services that bring dignity and confidence to our patients during their time of need, along with services for children and parents. Through annual fundraisers and direct donor cultivation, the Foundation has collaborated with the community to raise funds to fill the identified needs.
Goals – Identify and commit SMH Foundation resources to carry out our purpose.
|Programs funded by the Foundation:|
- Fit as a Firefighter, a summer day camp focused on nutrition and fitness that builds self-esteem for local children ages 7-12
- Hand washing program at local schools to help prevent the spread of sickness and disease.
- Helping the SMH Regional Cancer Center fund services that aid the emotional well-being of patients as well as obtaining state-of-the-art equipment and treatment options.
- St. Tammany Cancer Fund Lori Hoffman Von Matre Appearance Center, which provides wigs and other items for patients undergoing cancer treatments.
- SMH Community Outreach meets the needs of more than 5,000 children and their families with health screening and education.
- Women’s Imaging Center, a center providing imaging services in a peaceful, spa-like atmosphere and programs focusing on women’s medical education.
Funds managed by the Foundation:
- Benevolent Fund for SMH Employees
- Cardiac Care Fund
- Cancer Care Fund
- Community Outreach Fund
- Employee Campaign Fund
- Physicians Campaign Fund
- Volunteer Services Fund